The Sunsynk 5kW Hybrid Inverter
The Sunsynk hybrid inverter is an efficient power management machine is ideal for home solar installations. The Sunsynk is the best hybrid of its kind, offering all the features of an efficient grid-tie inverter and a powerful battery inverter charger in one simple, affordable unit.
Hybrid inverters are an affordable alternative to the traditional solar inverter set up. Where systems like Victron and SMA require a charge controller or grid-tie inverter, with a battery inverter charger and communications devices, hybrid inverters offer the same functionality with only one machine.
The proliferation of hybrid solar inverters has made Solar PV increasingly accessible to home owners. However, with so many entry level, hybrid inverters on the market, it is important to be aware of the most important features and performance parameters, to make sure you’re getting the inverter that you need. While not everyone needs a battery inverter designed to withstand Artic conditions, there is a reason that replacement parts are so readily available for Axpert-type inverters….
Sunsynk Inverter Overview
The Sunsynk is Single Phase inverter available in 5kW or 8kW models. The inverter manages power from multiple input sources including solar panels, wind turbines, generators and the grid.
The Built-in Grid Limiter combined with the Sunsynk’s Smart load management ensures that energy from the solar panels is kept in the home and directed to where it is needed most.The grid limiter feature will prevent reverse feedback of excess energy, while the innovative smart load function pushes the excess power onto heavy non-essential loads like geysers and air conditioners.
Key Features of the Sunsynk 5kW Inverter
- IP65 rating: With IP65, the Sunsynk is totally dust tight and highly water resistant.
- 120 Amp Fast Battery Charger
- Max AC Output 5500W
- Max DC Input 6500W: The Sunsynk inverter can be oversized by up to 30%. The 5kW offers a max PV input of 6.5kW
- Monitoring & Communications
- Live performance monitoring via the Solarman app on mobile and desktop
- Compatible with a wide range of lithium batteries and communicates effectively with most battery management systems (via CAN or RS485)
- Modular and Scalable: can parallel up to 15 units
- Warranty: 5 Year manufacturer’s warranty backed up by our 1 Year Workmanship warranty.
- Compliancy: NRS 097-2-3 certified, COCT approved inverter
For more detailed information on the 5kw Sunsynk inverter, you can download the datasheet here